You’re ready to train as a Warrior for the Human Spirit if:
- You want to continue to make a difference with your work and life.
- You are frustrated by your inability to lead or promote your cause effectively.
- You are aware of the increase in fear and conflict but refuse to succumb to these.
- You feel grief, sorrow, and anger for what is being lost, from individuals to the planet.
- You care about your community and want to contribute to its wellbeing.
- You still have faith in people’s potential for generosity, creativity, kindness, love.
- You have chosen service over self-interest many times before.
- You yearn for a supportive community of people dedicated to serve, who seek to nourish life.
- You refuse to give up—you are determined to find a path of meaningful contribution.
The Berkana Institute began training Warriors for the Human Spirit in March 2015. Over 400 people from 35 nations have trained and many continue to deepen their skills and practices and also staying together as community. We have learned that the outer work of life-affirming leadership requires us to do the inner work of self-knowing. Only then can we develop the clarity, confidence, compassion, and equanimity to serve the needs of this time as leaders, activists, parents and citizens.
This form of Warrior Training is embedded in local and regional communities. It intentionally is designed to benefit individual participants, their organizations, and their local communities and regions. Over nine months of working together, it develops a cohort of dedicated and sane leaders who have the skills and capacities to contribute meaningfully to the needs of their communities and organizations. Training together, they also create a community of fellow Warriors that supports them to persevere and overcome the obstacles and challenges of leading in this difficult time.